Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Randhurst Mall

This post contains a slideshow showing Randhurst through the years. Please click through to the blog if you cannot see it.

Randhurst obviously isn't in Des Plaines, but since it was a regional mall, it made a big impact on the entire Northwest Suburbs. So I think it's appropriate to talk about it here.

I won't do a whole history of it here - I've written one, but I think the other blogs I link to below cover it well. The dome of Randhurst comes down this week, leaving Carson, Pirie, Scott (once the Weiboldt's) the only remaining part of the original mall. I hope you find these pictures interesting, and I think they'll spur some discussion. I also hope that the redevelopment plan works out - it would be good to have a productive retail space there, even if it isn't the sort of incredible architecture the first Randhurst was - at least until it was remodeled in the 80s.

Randhurst

Dead Malls
Pleasant Family Shopping
Labelscar
Stores Forever
Mall Hall of Fame

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil and constructive!